The students are fully insured by the school system and are fully supervised by an accompanying Work Instructor at all times.
The Work Instruction program recruits a variety of local businesses to host students with varying academic levels and skills. These non-paid, short term internships generally consist of 2-4 hrs. once a week.
Our program is dependent on local businesses opening their doors and hearts for a short term experience that can make a long term difference for an area high school student.
If your business would like to participate, please contact one of our Work Instructors.
All Students Are:
- Fully Insured - Shelby County Schools Student Insurance Policy 2019
- Supervised by Work Instructors
- Available during school hours
- Working on a non-paid internship basis
Click below to download the Engage Alabama Transition App for Youth with Disabilities
- Working Through the Essentials Pathways: Work Based Learning
- Work Components of the Essentials Pathway
Many of the following forms are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed you may download and install it by clicking here.
- Parent Student Letter
- Student Permission to Participate Form
- Waiver For Community-Based Work Experience
- Waiver For Community-Based Work Experience PDF
- Student Emergency Information Form
- Work Component Requirements
- Photo Release Form
- Work Assignment Online PDF
- Permiso para Participar en el Programa de Capacitación de Trabajo Comunitario
- Información de Emergencia del Estudiante
- Student Self Evaluation ON-LINE Form
- Student Self Evaluation PDF Form
- Work Site's Evaluation of Student Performance ON LINE Form
- Work Site's Evaluation of Student Performance PDF Form