The students are fully insured by the school system and are fully supervised by an accompanying Work Instructor at all times.
The Work Instruction program recruits a variety of local businesses to host students with varying academic levels and skills. These non-paid, short term internships generally consist of 2-4 hrs. once a week.
Our program is dependent on local businesses opening their doors and hearts for a short term experience that can make a long term difference for an area high school student.
If your business would like to participate, please contact one of our Work Instructors.
All Students Are:
- Fully Insured - Shelby County Schools Student Insurance Policy 2019
- Supervised by Work Instructors
- Available during school hours
- Working on a non-paid internship basis
- Working Through the Essentials Pathways: Work Based Learning
- Work Components of the Essentials Pathway
- Parent Student Letter
- Student Permission to Participate Form
- Waiver For Community-Based Work Experience
- Waiver For Community-Based Work Experience PDF
- Student Emergency Information Form
- Work Component Requirements
- Photo Release Form
- Work Assignment Online PDF
- Carta de padres y alumnos
- Permiso para Participar en el Programa de Capacitación de Trabajo Comunitario
- Información de Emergencia del Estudiante
- Student Self Evaluation ON-LINE Form
- Student Self Evaluation PDF Form
- Work Site's Evaluation of Student Performance ON LINE Form
- Work Site's Evaluation of Student Performance PDF Form